What do we do?
The main responsibilities of the Sponsoring Committee are:
- publicize the aims of the squadron within the community, while seeking support for those activities;
- provide the squadron with suitable quarters for administration and training;
- organize and conduct fund-raising campaigns to ensure necessary funds are available for squadron needs (eg, tag days, Walk-a-thon);
- manage funds raised for squadron benefit;
- organize the schedule of optional activities, and obtain adequate premises (eg, Annual Ceremonial Review, dances, etc.);
- with the support of the Commanding Officer, organize recruiting aimed at enrolling new cadets and new members of the Sponsor Committee and squadron staff (eg this website!);
- ensure that cadets are evaluated and treated fairly.